The whole purpose of this post is to give you some amazing references in the form of video. Video is very powerful because it attacks your senses from every direction and has the ability to make you feel something and to begin to create new neural pathways within your brain.
For you to be able to achieve greatness you need constant references of the impossible because you are surrounded by people every day who are not successful. I don’t say that to talk badly of the average person, I say that because these videos are the very thing that anyone can use as a starting point to turn their life around – even someone who is not currently successful.
The road to change all starts with one small step and my hope is that you will watch one of these videos and it will be like planting a seed; maybe one day that seed can grow into something amazing and help you do something that no one thought was possible.
Below are four videos that have radically changed my own thoughts and beliefs and I believe they can help transform you from where you are right now!
1. Believe in yourself
This was a video that was presented to me in an environment where I least expected it – work! We were assessing why a team were able to completely turn their results around and become first in the country for what they did. It turns out that this video is where that journey started.
As I watched the video with my work colleagues, I got chills down my spine because I realised yet again that the belief systems we have determined who we are. If we believe that we are destined for greatness and that we are unique in our own field, then others will believe too.
People that believe in themselves come across totally different. They have passion, their posture is tall, the tone in their voice is confident, they speak naturally and so on. This way of being is infectious and everyone wants a piece of it.
I have seen this in my own life and I have spent three years working on my belief systems and questioning everything that was ever taught to me.
“Your brain is like a circuit and so if we introduce it with the proper wiring, you are going to go straight to your target. If you are unsure about who you are, your dreams, your goals will never become a reality”
2. Negative People
It was this video that made me realise that I had to look at the people around me and realise what effect they were having on my life. I began to see that if I wanted to achieve greatness I had to be conscious of how other people were influencing me.
Be careful who you spend time with and don’t allow people’s attitudes and beliefs to be subconsciously affecting your success because it can happen without you even realising it. Your view of the world is shaped by the people who you chose to allow around you and by those who you allow to inspire you.
The video features Les Brown as the narrator and he makes the point that it doesn’t take any effort to be a loser. By default, if you don’t develop yourself and if you don’t dream, you too will become insignificant, unhappy, unfulfilled and maybe even a loser. Do you really want that in your life? If not, be careful who you spend time with and try to hang around amazing people.
The best part of the video is at the 2:21 mark when the movie soundtrack in the background hits an emotional point and Les Browns passion in his voice reaches a pinnacle. I promise you, this video will inspire you to greatness and change the way you think, just watch it for yourself!
“If you want to keep on getting what you’re getting then keep on doing what you’re doing”
3. Why we do what we do – Tony Robbins
The talk that got me hooked on Ted was this one from Tony Robbins. Out of all the things that we can look at when assessing success, the one thing that will make the most difference is understanding why you do what you do every day.
The point of this talk is to understand what role emotion plays in our life and how it can influence our results. The other key point is around the six human needs of which two of them, the need for growth and contribution, can lead to human fulfilment more than anything else.
Tony is a powerful storyteller and what is most compelling about the talk is when he ties everything together at the end by retelling one of his seminars that occurred at the same time as September 11. If you like Tony’s Ted talk I would strongly suggest you watch the video that was filmed on September 11 where he shows how you can change your identity, even during a time when the world is in shock. –
4. How bad do you want it?
This video features the inspirational speaker Eric Thomas who is known for giving people a shake up and almost screaming at them through his motivational presentations. He is someone that knows what it’s like to have nothing and has risen from adversity.
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you will be successful”
The message of this video is that we fall because we quit too easily and we don’t know why we are doing what we do each day. Don’t spend your life unfulfilled and uninspired. Find out what makes you happy and do that, and only do that!
We spend our lives trying to make lots of money because we think that it will make us happy but the sad reality is it won’t. Spend your life making other people’s lives better and you will feel the best you have ever felt. You won’t need to try and get out of bed because you will be fired up every morning.
Once you master this lesson, then you will have all the money you could ever want. I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME, SPEND YOUR LIFE MAKING OTHER PEOPLES LIVES BETTER, IN ANWAY YOU CAN, AND YOU WILL HAVE A LIFE THAT IS EXTRAORDINARY!
If you have any other motivational videos that you think are worth watching, then please mention them in the comments section below or on my Facebook / Twitter Page.
This Article Originally Appeared On Addicted2Success.com
Les Brown is one of the influential motivational speakers and his speeches have really inspired many to achieve what they desire, including me. Watched him LIVE once when I attended one of his mass seminars and trust me he can make you so motivated that you would do all that you once thought impossible. I have tried to live by his teachings and have experienced a tremendous change in my life. This is the reason I ‘ve decided to share with you some of his best sayings. Enjoy Reading!
15 Les Brown Quotes That Will Surely Inspire You
1. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.”
2. “Your dream was given to you. If someone else can’t see it for you, that’s fine, it was given to you and not them. It’s your dream. Hold it. Nourish it. Cultivate it!”
3. “Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
4. “It’s not over until you win.”
5. “Life is a fight for territory and once you stop fighting for what you want, what you don’t want will automatically take over.”
6. “No one will take better care of your dream than you.”
7. “If you run around with 9 losers pretty soon you’ll be the 10th loser.”
8. “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
9. “Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.”
10. “Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.”
11. “Just because Fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.”
12. “The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry our their dream.”
13. “Perfection does not exist — you can always do better and you can always grow.”
14. “The things you want are always possible; it is just that the way to get them is not always apparent. The only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life is you, and that can be a considerable obstacle because you carry the baggage of insecurities and past experience.”
15. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.”
And this one is my Favourite.
“It is not too late to revive your dream. Do not allow fear, failure, frustration, lack of money, discouragement, sickness, pain, or any temporary setback to kill your dream. You are bigger than any of these things. Take courage!
Believe that you can use any stumbling block as a stepping stone to a better life. Ask yourself ~ who can you count on? Who must you count out? Reassess, regroup, change your strategies. Come back with a vengeance! Resolve that failure is not an option. Keep looking up and moving forward. You can make it happen. You have GREATNESS within you!”
Les Brown is a life changer and as you can see he is a man full of so much wisdom for all. If you loved this collection of Les Brown quotes please make sure you share this article with your loved ones and followers.
You can add on to this list with your favourite quote in the Comments.
Have a Great Time.
[CBC show=”y” country=”in”][/CBC][CBC_COUNTRY]