The Dalai Lama has some very insightful verses. I’ve gathered my favorite quotes from the Tibetan leader on various topics.
His Sayings will always help you when it comes to sound life advice. The Dalai Lama is the 14th and current Dalai Lama, as well as the longest lived incumbent.. Offering words of inspiration and advice that help to change people’s lives.
1. “This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.”
2. “The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.”
3. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
4. “Through violence, you may ‘solve’ one problem, but you sow the seeds for another.”
5. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
6. “There is a saying in Tibetan, “Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.”
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.
7. “A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage.”
8. “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
9. “All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction.”
10. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.”
11. “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.”
12. “Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.”
13. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.”
Add your Favourite quote to the list…. 🙂