People of every faith could stand to learn a thing or two from Buddha. Buddha has inspired generations of people with his ancient, intelligent sayings. They stand true to this day. Here are some of my favorites.
1. We much change the way we think in order to make things better.
“All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?”
2. We are what we think we are.
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything.”
3. It’s harder to figure yourself out than to figure other people out.
“To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.”
4. Dream big and big things will happen.
“What we think, we become.”
5. If your work doesn’t move your spirit, it’s time to find different work.
“Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.”
6. Don’t let your fears get in the way of your dreams.
“The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”
7. You won’t get further in life without giving it your all.
“You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself.”
8. Those who don’t fear themselves don’t fear anything else.
“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”
9. If your heart is full of hate, you’ll be consumed by hate.
“You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”
10. Live each day to the fullest and you won’t be afraid of death.
“Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.”